Shiff & Company has many years of experience in the structuring and growth of franchise businesses in many different industry sectors.
Our business and IP lawyers work closely together on the review and drafting of franchise documents and advising on Franchising Code of Conduct matters.
We are highly involved in the development of our clients’ franchise operations and the many legal aspects of their businesses transactions.
The services we provide in franchising matters include:
- Franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- Advice on business structures appropriate for franchise systems
- Sale and purchase of franchise businesses and agreement review and transaction representation
- Franchising Code of Conduct compliance
- Advice on ACCC notification/authorisations
- Acquisition, disposal, joint venture and partnership advice
- Supplier and terms of trade agreements
- Workplace relations
- Commercial and retail negotiation and leasing, as well as general property advice
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Advice on branding, intellectual property and trade marks